Thursday, October 18, 2012

White Chili

This recipe was a combination of recipes for white chili that I have collected over the years. I loved both of them, but wanted to crock pot mine. Now keep in mind that I am not a throw things into a pot and get an amazing meal kind of girl. I am the follow the recipe to the exact degree and then get a great meal kind of girl. I'm not quite sure what got into me to try mashing recipes, and then to take it to a church activity? SOOO out of my comfort zone! But I did, and it turned out delicious! So, for all of you who wanted the recipe, here it is. :D

3 large chicken breasts
2 29 oz. cans white beans (drained and rinsed)
1 1/2 cups onion
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Oregano
1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
3 small cans Green Chilis or 12. oz. (don't drain)
3/4 cup Water
1/2 tsp. Bouillon (my favorite is Better than Bouillon)

16oz. sour cream 
8 oz. pkg cream cheese

Put chicken breasts on the bottom of a crock pot. Pour onion and white beans on top of chicken. Add all other spices and then gently stir just to incorporate the spices with the beans, leaving the chicken at the bottom of the pot.

Cook on Low 6 hours.

Take chicken out of crock pot and slice into bite size pieces. Chop cream cheese into pieces and stir into bean mixture. Add sour cream. Put chicken back in the pot and cook on low another hour.

You can serve with cilantro, cheese, tortilla chips, avocado....or just eat it plain.

Thanks to Laura Turner and #melskitchencafe for great recipes to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment